Applicants should fulfill the following criteria to be considered for admission:
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse (RN) in any state with eligibility for licensure in Louisiana
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited ACEN or CCNE accredited school of nursing college or university
- Minimum of 1-year full-time (2 years preferred) recent experience as a registered nurse in an adult critical care unit
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Academic preparedness for advanced sciences and advanced clinical skills
- Minimum Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score of 290 (or equivalent) within the last five (5) years; official copy must be submitted
- Completion of application requirements by July 1st as stated in the graduate application instructions
- Current BLS and ACLS certification
- Submission of three professional letters of recommendation (one from current immediate supervisor)
- Students with English as a second language must adhere to the Franciscan University English as a Second Language Policy (ESL)
- Must meet and comply with the DNP-NA Core Performance Standards
- CCRN certification required for reapplication.
Candidates who satisfactorily meet these criteria may be invited for an evaluated interview.
Students seeking the Doctor of Nursing Practice- Nurse Anesthesia degree must complete the 100 credit hours in the curriculum. Of the 100 credit hours, 49 credit hours of didactic instruction are taught face-to-face, 21 hours of didactic instruction are taught via distance education, 3 credit hours (135 contact hours) are taught in simulation and skills lab, utilizing high-fidelity simulation and task trainers and 27 credit hours (3300 clinical hours) are taught in the clinical setting via preceptorship.