Position Title: Director of Admissions
Position Status: Full Time, 12 months
Reports to: VP for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
General Summary: Provide leadership to the Admissions staff in the administration of the admissions and recruitment processes for all academic programs at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady (Franciscan University). Support the institutional enrollment goals and objectives of the University as a whole. Support the University’s commitment to diversity and inclusiveness as core institutional values through holistic recruitment and admissions practices. Maintain ultimate responsibility for oversight of all phases of the recruitment and admissions process for all academic programs at the University while providing a high level of professional, courteous service to all stakeholders (current and prospective students, advisors, alumni, faculty and staff).
Specific responsibilities of the Director of Admissions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Embrace and advance the Catholic, Franciscan mission of the college by ensuring that all admissions and financial aid activities are consistent with the mission and implemented so as to achieve its goals.
- In collaboration with the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, Deans, and/ or Program Directors, develop annual enrollment goals that support the University’s and program-specific mission-related goals and diversity interests.
- Oversee and provide guidance to the staff efforts to define and establish recruitment strategies, admission processes, policies, procedures for each of the academic programs while ensuring preservation of program-specific nuances.
- Develop an annual University recruitment plan to include review of prior year results, annual enrollment goals, recruitment strategies, and budgetary impact.
- Serve as the primary internal and external contact for overall admissions and recruitment related decision making activities; will consult with admissions specialist when program-specific information is needed.
- Work with Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, to develop admission policies that ensure consistent selection criteria, including parameters for selecting applicants to interview; develop processes that balance experience, attributes and metrics to ensure that all program matriculates fulfill the University mission, vision, and core values; ensure that criteria are understood by all stakeholders.
- Periodically asses the national landscape for admissions and higher education to evaluate effectiveness of policies and procedures in admissions to ensure evidence- based screening criteria and alignment with best practices.
- Develop standardized training for Enrollment Advisors on an annual basis to ensure that the review of applicants is holistic, consistent, unbiased and professional.
- Coordinate and participate in recruitment travel, represent and promote University educational programs to prospective student groups, pre-health advisors and the public. Participate in off- campus and on-campus recruiting activities. Expected travel is approximately 15- 20% on average.
- In collaboration with the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, review advertising and promotional materials, including the website, and assist with content development to demonstrate the University’s commitment to recruiting a diverse and inclusive student body.
- Develop and ensure ongoing effective utilization of the student information system and other associated reporting, imaging, and management software’s through timely and accurate recording and reporting of admissions data.
- Serve as a member of the Student Affairs and Enrollment Management Leadership team.
- Participate and assist as requested in campus-wide Student Affairs and Enrollment Management events such as orientation and graduation.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Master’s degree required
- Five years’ experience in student admissions required
- Higher education work experience specific to health care programs preferred
- Two years’ of supervisory experience required
- Experience with Datatel Colleague/ Ellucian or other Admissions database
- A desire to embrace and enhance the Catholic, Franciscan mission of the university
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has oversight of Enrollment Advisors and Office Manager. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing and/or motivating and/or training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ability to adapt to new databases required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access)
- Excellent public presentation skills are essential
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a professional manner with all constituents
- Ability to effectively work with highly confidential material
- Commitment to diversity and inclusivity
- Monday- Friday
- Regular travel
- Occasional special events requiring some evenings and/or weekends
- Office environment
The person in this position must function in accordance with the philosophy and mission of the University, must display an appreciation for Catholic higher education and must demonstrate a commitment to diversity.
APPLICATIONS: Candidate review will begin immediately. Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three references to:
Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University
ATTN: Rebecca Cannon
RE: Director of Admissions
5414 Brittany Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70808